At Babelfís we pride ourselves on building brands and helping them realise their potential. We do this through building visual identities and running creative campaigns many of which utilise social media. You probably use social media regularly to advertise or show off your business, but are you sure you are using it properly? Here we explore some tips on all the do’s and don’ts on how to effectively communicate your business on social media!
A Firstly, it is important to identify if your company is a B2C (business to customer) or B2B (business to business) driven business. This is a very important factor to ensure you’re targeting the correct target audience for your business. For example, a B2B company will thrive using LinkedIn, YouTube and potentially Twitter, depending on the business, but would rarely use Instagram. While B2C would use Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook which they can creatively sell themselves. Although these are two opposite business strategies, they would use the same best practice tools on social media.
- Use the same logo as a profile picture across all – this is important to keep uniform as it will make sure customers know it’s you. By using different photos for each profile picture, it makes it harder for a customer to know if it’s you or another company with the same name. This also looks more professional.
- Be consistent- To develop a successful brand identity you must be consistent. Consistency instils trust in your brand and verifies brand values and direction. By posting weekly it also keeps customers updated on everything going on which builds a relationship between you as customers get invested in what’s going on.
- Have a clear tone of voice- You must have a clear and consistent tone of voice through your social medias channels. This helps for customers to see your personality and to feel at ease which places trust in you.
- Have a clear brand identity – When you have established your tone of voice, visual identity and you have remained consistent, your brand communication is on the right track brand identity will follow.
- Use popular hashtags- using popular hashtags maximises your reach on social media.
- Interact and engage with customers- Reply to comments and questions. This shows you care, and you have an interest in your customer base.
- Be unprofessional- It is great to have a laugh with your customers, but you must make sure you set your boundaries to avoid scandals or negative publicity.
- Reuse the same content- viewers will lose interest if they are seeing the same content on all platforms. You must be versatile. Each platform demands a different content strategy as the tone is different. For example, on Instagram your tone of voice is more casual with more light-hearted imagery whereas on LinkedIn you will have more professional content and your tone of voice will be more factual.
- Cause conflict with your customers online- of course some companies are known for their outrage marketing but avoiding conflict with your customers online is important. It’s not a good look for the company and can quickly turn into a scandal.
By following these tips, you will see a great lift in engagement on your social media channels. If you feel you may need an extra bit of help finding your feet with the social media game, contact us today and we’d be delighted to help you out!