To support small Irish businesses to enhance their online trading presence, Online Trading Vouchers to the value of € 2,500 (or up to a maximum of 50% of the total cost – whichever figure is lesser) are now available to Cork City & County Businesses through a programme under the Government’s National Digital Strategy and delivered through the Local Enterprise Offices. This is also available in other areas such as Dublin City & County, Louth, Sligo, Kerry, Waterford and is expanding further.
With the trend ever increasing towards online spending it is estimated that only 1/4 of small Irish businesses are engaged in any meaningful way in eCommerce sales. For businesses employing less than ten people this percentage could be even lower. It is now believed that of online purchases made in Ireland that 3/4 of these are done in overseas markets.
There is now an urgency to ensure that businesses recognise that this is happening and that they are encouraged and supported to correctly respond to this digital reality. The National Digital Strategy aims to get a further few thousand businesses trading online by the end of 2016.
Who is eligible for the vouchers?
- Businesses that have a limited online trading presence.
- Businesses with less than 10 employees.
- Businesses with a turnover less than €2 million.
- Applicants must be registered and trading for a minimum of 12 months prior to applying.
- You (or a company representative) must attend an Information Session prior to a submission of a voucher application. You will be able to register (or a company representative) online. If an upcoming information session is full another date will be scheduled shortly so please check back on the online booking section of the LEO website if the current session is fully booked.
- Note: ineligible projects include those with charitable status, commercial semi-state companies, ”not for profit” organisations, trade associations and company representation bodies such as Chambers of Commerce.
The Online Trading Vouchers can be used for the development or upgrade of an e-commerce website such as implementing online payments or booking systems. Other usage includes; purchase of Internet related software, online advertising, development of an app, implementation of a digital marketing strategy, consultation with ICT experts for early stage adopters of online strategy, training/skills development specifically to establish and manage an online trading activity.
Who is not eligible for the vouchers?
- Development of brochure/information websites
- Purchase of non-internet related software
- Anything other than online trading related activity